Capital Seaboard & G. Cefalu is a family owned and operated company with a commitment to safety and employee growth. Here we believe in an open door environment that encourages employees’ feedback. We are fast paced, with a goal oriented vision. We are looking for employees with experience in General Maintenance Technician Assistant.
This position is a General Maintenance Technician for the Company with responsibility for constructing, repairing and maintaining internal and external furnishings, equipment, buildings, doors, hardware and minor electrical functions, minor plumbing operations, work station modifications, painting and general repairs to building items.
Minimum Competency Requirements
- Should have a high school, vocational or technical education or equivalent related experience and a valid driver’s license in order to pick up parts and supplies.
- Typically requires two years maintenance experience.
- Requires an ability to apply basic math and understand local building codes.
- Must be proficient in use of all types of general machinery, hand and power tools.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 50lbs. Requires a considerable amount of walking, bending, kneeling, twisting, climbing and crawling to make carpentry and other necessary maintenance-related repairs.
- Must not have a fear of heights.
- Must be able to transport ladders, lumber and other related equipment and materials to a job site. Requires installation of cabinets, tables, shelving, doors, work stations etc. throughout the facility and off-site locations.
- Must be able to assist in other maintenance tasks as necessary to meet goals and objectives assigned to the Building Operations division.
- Ability to operate equipment used in the warehouse, such as pallet jacks, forklifts, and scissor jacks.