COMPANY MISSION STATEMENT
Through our commitment to our customers, employees, and community; we strive to set the standard for service excellence in the produce and seafood industries. Your satisfaction is our success!
COMPANY SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT
Capital Seaboard Produce & Seafood has been family owned and locally operated for over sixty years.
We are grateful for our success and enjoy sharing our good fortune with both our employee community as well as external community organizations that contribute to charitable causes and beneficial programs that positively impact the lives of those less fortunate.
Our employees are of great importance to us and we know that life encounters many challenges that can interfere with concentration, increase daily stress levels, and just make it extremely difficult to maintain peak performance at work. We want our employees to have a support system that can help them cope with and find solutions to assist with recovery from these issues. Every employee at Capital Seaboard has access to a company sponsored Employee Assistance Program (EAP) administered by The Standard Life Insurance Company. We extend our concern for our employees families by providing a company paid $10,000 life insurance policy for each employee, because we know how devastating the loss of a loved one can be.
Our external community contributes to our continued success and we want to show our appreciation and reinvest in what keeps us thriving. We donate to and participate in activities coordinated by many organizations throughout the year that support several community programs and charitable functions, some of which are listed below.
- Food for the Hungry – Maryland and DC Food Banks, Little Sisters of the Poor, Meals on Wheels
- Wounded Warriors and Veterans – Operation Homefront (Farmers Market at Walter Reed Hospital & Holiday Fruit Baskets)
- Educational – George Washington Center for Arts & Technology, Living Classrooms
- Children – Make A Wish Foundation, Believe in Tomorrow Children’s Foundation, Toys for Tots
- Homeless – Linda’s Legacy (Backpack’s filled with coats, clothes, and toiletries)
- Health – Mars Golf Tournament (Muscular Dystrophy Association), Step Sisters (Breast Cancer)
- Environmental – Nokesville Horse Society (green space conservation and equestrian activities in Virginia)
- Non-Profits – Klein’s Shoprite Golf Tournament (benefits non-profit organizations in several Maryland counties)
As our company continues to grow, so does our commitment to expand our philanthropic endeavors to provide for the betterment of the communities that sustain us.